cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail missing from jornaling mailbox and Symantec Discovery Accelerator

pravingoud
Level 4

Dear Team,

Kindly help me for missed mail.i am trying to searching a mail from past week.i searched mail through symentec Discovery accelarator(DA). i got all mail of user but DA missed 1 mail of user of 26th May 2017. that was very important.i searched all way i used all filter in DA but didnt get that mail.after that i searched whole journaling mailbox for currpted mail or deleted or not archvied but didnt find same mail. pl help i want to solve this issue asap. give me some idea to troublshoot this issue.

Regards,

Pravin Goud 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Pravin,

Glad it got resolved. If an item does not show, almost the first thing to look at is the indexes. As I said earlier :-).

Thanks for reporting this solved. Can you mark an answer as solution? That way, others know they don't need to assist anymore, and if they have a similar problem, they can see what fixed it.

Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

GertjanA

Hello Pravin,

It sounds like you performed the correct steps to determine if the mail is in your system (Exchange and/or EV). As you did not find it, the answer would be 'it is not send'. (it did not pass through your exchange)

Are you able to investigate the user's mailbox? That way you can perhaps 'prove' the mail was not send in the first place. (at least, not through your systems).

A second thing would be to to reverify that for this particular user, the Journaling IS taking place. It might be that (for whatever reason) this users mailbox is not being journaled. Unlikely, but possible.

Regards. Gertjan

Dear Gertjan,

thanks for d reply

fyi

i am looking for inbox item of user.mailbox. the mail got in users inbox but EV and Journaling unable to find that mail.Our client want to know root cause why this is happening and that mail was very critical.pl help gertjan.

Regards,

Pravin Goud. 

GertjanA

Hello Pravin,

What popped in mind was that the indexes for your Journal Archive might be behind. If an item is not indexed (yet), it will not appear in a DA search. If you are on EV10/11, verify and/or sync indexes. If you are on an earlier release, verify with support how to do this. They will advise an older verison is not supported, but I am sure if you ask nicely they will assist...

As you found the email in the users inbox, you can see specific criteria for that mail. If you use these, do you find the mail? (use From, and a unique keyword from body, and the date range (with a few days to accomodate lag of archiving).

Regards. Gertjan

Dear gertjan,

thankx will update my index service and provising service.

Dear gertjan now look at matter here again i got each and every mail of that perticular date of 26th may. but which i required mail not found in DA. i searched by all criteria "email" and "subject" or "content line" but still mail not found.when i came to know ironport logs i found logs is there i can see the details of mail and i got there subject line which is required.ironport logs also catched that mail is came inside.now next what should i do? pl help.

Regards,

Pravin Goud 

GertjanA

Hello Pravin,

I advise you to call support.

They should be able to assist in determining why this specific mail is not in your EV archive. I am not familiar with Ironport. You can call their support too.

Regards. Gertjan

Dear gertjan,

can i get any info through messege id?? cause i got subject line and message id on ironport but i am unable to see content.

Regards,

Pravin Goud.

GertjanA

Hello Pravin, I'm not sure. It might be possible in DA using custom search field, but that should be listed in manual somewhere. I have not used that before.

Regards. Gertjan

np will try once...please update me if you find any solution on this issue.

thank you so much gertjan.

Regards,

Pravin Goud

Dear Team,

Still Issue has been not resolved.pl help team

its very critical issue.i have to find root cause as well as that mail too.

Regards,

Pravin Goud.

GertjanA

Hello Pravin,

Please keep in mind this is a user-forum. We try to assist, but at a certain point in time you will have to contact Veritas Support to have them assist to get at the bottom of this. I believe the time has come for you to work with them now....

Regards. Gertjan

Dear Getjan,

FYI

i contacted to veritas regarding this issue. also i opened case twice with veritas team They are unable to help me cause of licences they are not understanding my sitution. currently i am using veritas product 11.0.1 veritas telling me to upgrade version to 12.and only when they would help me for this issue.i request them to solve my issue asap we would upgrade version 11 to 12 at next month., by the way thank you getjan.  

if you have any idea suggestion please share.its very critical i am fed up from past week.

Regards,

Pravin Goud

pravingoud
Level 4

Dear getjan,

My issue has been resolved.when i did verify and rebuilding task completed.my issue got solved.and i got that perticular mail which had missing from journaling mailbox.before that i did lots of troublshooting. but finnally i did this.

thank you so much getjan for your support and suggestion Smiley Happy

Regards,

Pravin Goud.

GertjanA

Hello Pravin,

Glad it got resolved. If an item does not show, almost the first thing to look at is the indexes. As I said earlier :-).

Thanks for reporting this solved. Can you mark an answer as solution? That way, others know they don't need to assist anymore, and if they have a similar problem, they can see what fixed it.

Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan