cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox & PST Migration - Duplicate shortcuts

jpriddy
Level 4
We're running EV 2007 R1 with Exchange 2003 SP2.

I'm just beginning to roll this out a handful of selected pilot users.  I have an instance or two of the same message appearing in duplicate or triplicate once their PST files have been migrated into EV.  We are using the client driven migration.  One person in particular I know had their Windows Profile renamed by one of our desktop support guys and all of her old windows profile data is still on her computer, including probably a copy of the PST file. 

Three questions:

1 - Does client driven PST migration just grab all of the PST files on the client machine, or only the ones connected to Outlook?  I was under the impression that it only grabbed the ones connected to the Outlook client.
2 - Is there a way to tell EV not to grab duplicate messages or not display duplicate shortcuts?
3 - Is there a way to clean up these instances where we have duplicate message shortcuts being displayed in Outlook?

Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Jared

1. Correct
2. No
3. No

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jpriddy
Level 4

@MichelZ wrote:

1. Correct

Which is correct in #1 - it archives everything on the client's computer or that it only grabs the files connected to Outlook?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It will grab those connected to Outlook by default.
I think there was an option for searching the rest of the profile, but I don't know where it was :)

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jpriddy
Level 4
Thanks!

Mojorsn
Level 5
Just to clear up your question #1, the Client Driven PST migration process will grab all files on the hard drive regardless of if they are connected to Outlook or not. 

The process will start scanning the PC 1 minute after Outlook is launched (configurable by policy) and scan the entire hard drive unless you set the setting to restrict the search to only the Documents and Settings folder.