Did you mean: 

Mailbox archiving license missing ?

sungsam
Level 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Make sure you don't put it in the Installed Licenses folder. You need to put in on the root of Enterprise Vault.

To replace a license or install an additional license

1. Place the new .slf license file in the Enterprise Vault folder (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault).

2. Restart the Enterprise Vault Admin service to install the licenses. The Admin service writes a license information report message to the event log.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Sungsam,

I believe we just have one EV Server, if No then you need to install the license on all server.

Also could you please cheek and confirm that the trial license was for EV 10.0.4

Also I would take a Dtrace of Admin service to check if the license has been loaded and if it is then what is bothering it..

You can remove the SLF from the Installed Licenses folder and then put the new file in the EnterpriseVault folder.

Enable dtrace on the Admin service, you can follow the below article on how to enable the Dtrace http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38122

And then restart the EV Admin service which will restart all EV Services..

Share the Dtrace with us...

sungsam
Level 3

The license only states this, not sure if there is a difference in trail licenses?

the trailversion i use only say 10.0

You are correct i only use one single SEV server, let me upload the dtrace. Thank you for your help!

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Make sure you don't put it in the Installed Licenses folder. You need to put in on the root of Enterprise Vault.

To replace a license or install an additional license

1. Place the new .slf license file in the Enterprise Vault folder (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault).

2. Restart the Enterprise Vault Admin service to install the licenses. The Admin service writes a license information report message to the event log.

sungsam
Level 3

thanks!!

sungsam
Level 3

Thanks!

sungsam
Level 3

solved thanks

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified