cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox archiving working but not showing up in Outlook

MustafaTU
Level 3

Hi,

I am testing Enterprise vault in a test environment. Everything is installed and configured as per the Veritas documents. I am able to run the archiving mailbox task on the client and can see the mail using web access. Unfortunately this archiving is not reflecting in Outlook (2013) and when I click the store button on the EV add in it say could not archive with reason being unknow. I have turned off all firewalls for testing purposes.

I have seperate VMs for Exch, DC, SQL and EV servera and 2 seperate VMs for clients. I am at a complete loss here. Only guidance I have are the veritas documents as no one in my organization is familiar with installing and configuring the product. 

I would immensely appreciate any guidance on as this is a make or break situation for me in my current role.

Some additional information. The archived mails are shown as pending in outlook and only action I can do on them is cancel using the EV toolbar. Also in the Vault Information option of outlook add-in, under testing connection failed HTTP is shown but pointing to http://exchangeserver/enterprisevault instead of the EV server.

23 REPLIES 23

Actually this is my second installation. I installed EV and SQL on 2 new VMs as the same symptoms were there last time.
Really don't know where the things are going wrong.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

so do you use an alias for your ev server?  What did you put into this box when you ran the install wizard? 24-06-12 20-45-03.jpg

evtestsite is the alias for the server. The installtion guide asked to create a alias so I created it.

The problem is solved. The require SSL box had to be unticked in IIS manager and the server is now connecting.