cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailboxes are not part of a provisioning group or deleted from Exchange.

kenneth_hansen1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Environment running EV 11.0.1CHF3 on a windows 2008R2 exchange archiving from Exchange 2010.

I´ve been looking into a issue where user was noe disabled the correct way in EV before AD user account was deleted.

Error seen when provisioning task runs:The Exchange mailbox provisioning task found enabled mailboxes that are not part of a provisioning group.

Now technote https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH53096 descripes senarions but in step3
If any of the Exchange Mailboxes identified in step 1 do not have a corresponding Active Directory User Account, it will be necessary to manually remove these entries from SQL. Contact Symantec Technical Support for further assistance with this step.
I do find it a bit strange that his information ins not availible public.
I came over this technote
http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/forcefully-disable-mailboxes-using-sql-script#comment-5739361
But the prosess of manually changing ArchvingStatus to vaule 2 directly in SQL DB EnterpriseVaultDirectoryDB and table odb.Archive did not have desired effect. Users are still enabled in EV, I can find them as enabled runing the Disable Mailboxes for Archiving Wizard.
Status of arhive in Enterprise Vault admin Console is "unavailible", changing setting back from 2 -> 1 archive are "availible".
I guess my change was done in the wrong table.

Anyone know what to change where to do this prosess manually?

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You basically want them to be removed from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory DB.

So a query along the lines of:-

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
DELETE FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE LegacyMbxDN = '%DN FOR USER IN QUESTION%'

e.g.
USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
DELETE FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE LegacyMbxDN = '/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=User1'

This will remove them from the table and if they have truely been removed from the domain then EV will not pick the object up again on the next Provisioning run, this will in turn remove those errors you are seeing.

kenneth_hansen1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Cheers Ben, 

I´ll give it a try and get back :)