cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailboxes missing for Vaultstore

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Hi all, I recently migrated to new servers and from V6 SP3 to 2007 SP4... Everything seemed fine, but I recently have discovered that some mailboxes are missing from the vaultstore. I dont know if this was caused by the migration or by someone deleting them. What is the best way to get the mailboxes on line and to have them accessing the archived mails. I can see the mailboxes if I go through the enabling process, but in VAC veiw, they are positioned in a different exchange server to the one they actually reside on

Any help would be greatly appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 kazakh - due to the nature of the problem you have, I would suggest logging a case with Support so that we can find out what went wrong and help to resolve.  You could have data loss of some sort and I wouldn't suggest making any attempts to try and rectify yourself (even with the help of the good people on here).

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4

I have logged a call with support

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Luckily I have the old servers still in place (SQL and Enterprise Vault) but they are not on the network. I plan to run the systems off the domain and then retrive the more important mailboxes for the time being.
How would I contact the the EV databases with AD authentication. I can put a crossover cable between them but will run into authentication issues.

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
that should read; how do I connect to the EV databases with AD authentication

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
what issues will I face if I bring the servers back onto the network to migrate mail to PSTs. The new servers have been renamed but I am concerned about the alias. Will I need to stop the services on the new servers

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi
did you find a solution here?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Dead topic

No solution

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.