cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Archive Automation Solution

San_Bangalore
Level 5

We have a situation wherein we need to run manual archiving for few users. Is there any way I can automate? so that I can run the archiving for some people in EV 9.0.2 (Users might reside on multiple Exchange servers)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
So I wrote an app some time ago that simply posts to the A3 queue What I normally do is your journaling on for the A3, submit a run now request and then examine the msg body I then use C# and the MSMQ net libraries to post the similar kind of message with a different user and then built a simple config file that has the users archive ID I then lookup each archive ID in the directory database and find their exchange server and the EV server that has the exchange archiving task and it's MSMQ path I then post the formatted archive request in to A3 and the archive task picks it up and performs a run now against the mailbox I submitted
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

By manual archiving do you mean manual archiving on the client side?  For one or a few items?

Or do you mean 'run now' from the server side?

Working for cloudficient.com

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Manual archive from the server side. We have some situations wherein we have to run the archive manually. Just thinking how do I automate this?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

AFAIK you can only do a 'run now' and pick the users you want to touch.

There is no equivalent of the FSARUNNOW command line tool.

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6

You can programatically post a message to the A3 queue which is how i've done it in the past

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Hi JesuaWept3

Do you mind giving me more information on that?

JesusWept3
Level 6
So I wrote an app some time ago that simply posts to the A3 queue What I normally do is your journaling on for the A3, submit a run now request and then examine the msg body I then use C# and the MSMQ net libraries to post the similar kind of message with a different user and then built a simple config file that has the users archive ID I then lookup each archive ID in the directory database and find their exchange server and the EV server that has the exchange archiving task and it's MSMQ path I then post the formatted archive request in to A3 and the archive task picks it up and performs a run now against the mailbox I submitted

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Jesus, Thanks you. Do you mind sharing your contact information?

San_Bangalore
Level 5
We had these questions - Once I find out the archive ID for whom I need to run the manual archive, How do I put that users mails into A3 queue? - How do I specify how many number of mails need to be archived? If you have a copy of the script please put it here.