cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Archiving of Subfolders

antonio_boydera
Level 3

We have a policy for executives that allows them to manually archive their email with the Enterprise Vault Outlook add-in.  A user reported that it only archives five subfolders at a time when they try to archive a folder with many subfolders.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a way to change it?  I looked through the settings and didn't see any settings that seemed obvious at first glance.

For what it's worth, we're running Exchange 2010 and Enterprise Vault 10.0.1.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

antonio_boydera
Level 3

No, it's been resolved.  The user has thousands of messages in each folder and it makes his Outlook unresponsive when archiving many folders at once.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Did you test this out yourself? I've not tried recently, but I don't recall any 'limits'.

So is it literally:

FolderX

-S1

-S2

-S3

-S4

-S5

-S6

-S7

If you archive at FolderX, only S1 - S5 will get archived, S6 and S7 won't?

Working for cloudficient.com

TheEmptyMind
Level 4

Are the folders after the 5th "special" in the sense that they are excluded from archiving?  Can you try archiving a folder tree with a new set of manually created folders?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is there any further help needed on this issue?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Antonio, do you still need assistance?

antonio_boydera
Level 3

No, it's been resolved.  The user has thousands of messages in each folder and it makes his Outlook unresponsive when archiving many folders at once.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ok.

For quite some time I have argued that the product should not allow you to do many, many items at once, or a that if you select more than a configurable number a different mechanism should be used by the product.

it might be advisable to educate your end user of this limitation in Enterprise Vault.