Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Removal of FSA Agent from Server

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner

Hi All,

Is there a manual way of removing the FSA Agent?

I have version 8.0.3 agent installed on 2 windows 2008 standard servers but I cannot upgrade/remove the software since I upgraded my EV server to version 8.0.4.

Is there a way of manually removing the FSA agent - not using Add/Remove Programs?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Gilly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You could try using the command line /uninstall switch.

Msiexec /uninstall Application.msi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner

Bump.

Anyone? Cheers, Gilly

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You could try using the command line /uninstall switch.

Msiexec /uninstall Application.msi

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

Microsoft provides a tool from the Office family which is called MSI Cleanup Wizard that is often very helpful in removing registry entries for an application which became corrupt and cannot be un-installed via Add-Remove Programas | Software.

However, as the FSA Agent also goes through the routine that installs the minifilter drivers I would advise you to try and re-install the FSA Agent via the MSI. By re-installing you should get the Agent in a normal state that can be un-installed.

If you have upgraded EV to 8.0.4 you should try to re-install the Agent either via the VAC (push-install) or by copying the new MSI binaries to the file servers and deploying locally. This should then allow you to un-install if that's the intention.

Let us know how you get on

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner

Hi Rob,

I've been unable to push install (it just sits there forever) or manually install or uninstall any Symantec components.

I believe the server is the issue myself so I am waiting on the client to try installing any other piece of software to prove this.

I'll update you soon.

Thanks,

Gilly

R_Meeker
Level 4

It not really answering your main question of whether you can remove it. But I have seen push upgrade sit in processing state for hours. Having better things to do I cancel the job and after checking the version of the placeholder service via regkey on the file server I find the version has been upgraded. you should see this on hklm\software\kvs\enterprisevault\install\version. Just wondered if this would solve the root problem of trying too upgrade.