cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many archived mailbox and impact on performance?

raf651
Level 3

Hi All,

I have EV11 upgradated step by step from 8 version (as I remember)

Users incoming to company, archiving data, and leave from company. Archived mail stay. After few years I have a lot of archives without users (stay sids with archive display)

Actually I have 40TB data.

Question is How many this archives can be on one EV store ? Where is the border after which performance will be low, or lowest if I will be delteted this archives with sids from EV console?

I was reading performance guide for EV11 but not found information about this.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically it shouldn't make much of a difference since its Active Users that impact performance.
So users that have left and have empty archives aren't doing expensive queries that active archives do. For intsance they're not doing vault cache pulls and builds, index queries, archive explorer etc, so the data is stagnant.

The only real impact that they'll have is that SQL maintainance will be somewhat slower if the data wasn't there to begin with because more rows in sql means longer to index etc.

Would suggest not making them available for Fast Browse (the MetaData Store in EV11) as there really isn't any point, so i suppose if you enabled everyone including users that have left and converted all your indexes including users that have left, then yeah you'd see an impact for live users because their stuff won't be converted since you're spending the majority of your time concentrating on old archives and old data etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically it shouldn't make much of a difference since its Active Users that impact performance.
So users that have left and have empty archives aren't doing expensive queries that active archives do. For intsance they're not doing vault cache pulls and builds, index queries, archive explorer etc, so the data is stagnant.

The only real impact that they'll have is that SQL maintainance will be somewhat slower if the data wasn't there to begin with because more rows in sql means longer to index etc.

Would suggest not making them available for Fast Browse (the MetaData Store in EV11) as there really isn't any point, so i suppose if you enabled everyone including users that have left and converted all your indexes including users that have left, then yeah you'd see an impact for live users because their stuff won't be converted since you're spending the majority of your time concentrating on old archives and old data etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

raf651
Level 3

Thank you JesusWept3 for your answer,

This users which left stay archived data, They cannot remove themself archived data, but their account in EV was blocked.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

sorry, not sure what you're describing here. can you explain what the challenge is?