Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive archive restore to Exchange (original mailbox) approach

bkruizenga
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

For a large customer I'm in need of an approach to perform a mass restore to mailbox.

Scale is over 10.000 users with about 22 TByte of archived data. Past experience using the Export wizard in the VAC for PST exports showed a long time to perform this task (we use SEV 10 latest Service pack). Does anyone have experience "speeding up" this progress by for instance:

- Adding more "processing power" (servers) to do the restore

- Use other (own / 3rd party) tools that can perform this on higher speed

- other ways.

The customer took years to archive the data into SEV, but "expects" that it can be restored in a blink of an eye.

Thanks for your replies

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bkruizenga
Level 4
Partner

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies and apologies for the lack of response (holiday season kicked in). I have looked at 3rd party tools and depending on the outcome of the dicussion I may need further help. We have asked the customer whether his "out of the blue - get rid of SEV" is possible from business p.o.v. and to rethink his request. I will keep you posted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

At Trace3 we have a massive amount of experience doing what you're asking about using migration tools. We've done these projects for some of the buggest household names in the U.S. If you want to drop me a PM or email, I'd be happy to discuss with you in more detail.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Same goes here.

And.. in the end there are a ton of migration vendors/tools/products that can help you.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how are things coming along with this? any more info i can provide to help?

bkruizenga
Level 4
Partner

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies and apologies for the lack of response (holiday season kicked in). I have looked at 3rd party tools and depending on the outcome of the dicussion I may need further help. We have asked the customer whether his "out of the blue - get rid of SEV" is possible from business p.o.v. and to rethink his request. I will keep you posted.