Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory issue on client running Outlook 2010 and EV 9.0.1

Saifou
Level 3

Hello,

I'm getting 2 sort of reports from our end-users:

1- Client running Outlook 2010 + EV client 9.0.2. Whenever he clicks on an archived item (EV shortcut) within Outlook, he gets: "There is not enough memory available to perform the operation ."

2- Client running Outlook 2010 + EV client 9.0.1. One shared mailbox is used among several users. Every time they attempt to open a folder within the shared mailbox they receive that same error above.

Has anyone experienced same issue ?

Thank you.

Saifou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For outlook 2010, you should try downloading EV10 SP1 and use the new EV Client that allows full DCOM functionality in an HTTP only environment, it's a pretty good upgrade so far, and it will have those same fixes already indicated

That being said, the error you are getting more likely than not is coming from the EV Server and not the client, check the event viewer on the EV Server itself and see if you can see any errors that coincide with the issue

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
What happens with the 9.3 client with HF Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180574

Saifou
Level 3

Thanks for your prompt reply. And I realized that I didn't provide the whole picture of the issue and environment:

- We use the HTTP-Only Add-in

- we're running EV 9.0.2 on the server side. Majority of our clients still run 9.0.1

- The error these users get is when they attempt to expand the shared mailbox folder from Archive Explorer window.

So I'll ask that Local IT guy to install EV 9.0.3 EV client. I think Etrack 2634600 may apply to this issue

Once again, Thank you.

Saifou

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For outlook 2010, you should try downloading EV10 SP1 and use the new EV Client that allows full DCOM functionality in an HTTP only environment, it's a pretty good upgrade so far, and it will have those same fixes already indicated

That being said, the error you are getting more likely than not is coming from the EV Server and not the client, check the event viewer on the EV Server itself and see if you can see any errors that coincide with the issue

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ameen
Level 6

Yes you are in good track! Good idea is to go for client 9.0.3 and it fixes lot of issues.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was this issue resolved?

Working for cloudficient.com

Saifou
Level 3

Hey Rob, I didn't get back to you because I was not getting any feedback from that Local IT guy. I chased him once agin and just got a response a few minutes ago. He says that installing EV 9.0.3 didn't help at all. He is Ok for me to close his ticket. So not sure whether he got a workaround. I'll try to still follow with him.

My apologies for not getting back to you. Thanks for chasing me.

Saifou