Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge EV Sites

vjose79
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear Friends,

I would like to know detailed info on how two EV Sites residing in different AD Forests as in two different companies, can be merged?

Other than third party tools, I am looking at using the built-in options availabe as first priority

Site 1: EV 11

Exchange 2007

Site 2: EV 9

Exchange 2010

Site 2 requires to be merged to Site 1. Exchange Servers at respective sites must be kept as it is.

Thanks!

Regards
Viju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

as stated, move archive is the only native option however, it only gets your data from one system to the other and doesnt truly "merge" EV sites.

the specialized migration tools exist for a reason and are used more often than not. be sure to factor in everything when evaluating the best possible solution. take caution with free or cheap because the old saying, "you get what you pay for" is true when it comes to these complex systems. i've had to come in to many environments where shortcuts were taken and fix them and in the end the customer trying to save costs didnt.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Upgrade site 2 to EV10, use move archive.

Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

There is no built-in tool to merge EV sites.  Without a 3rd party tool you'd have to use Move Archive and move ;the archives from one site to the other, essentially an export/import with shortcut update operation.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

as stated, move archive is the only native option however, it only gets your data from one system to the other and doesnt truly "merge" EV sites.

the specialized migration tools exist for a reason and are used more often than not. be sure to factor in everything when evaluating the best possible solution. take caution with free or cheap because the old saying, "you get what you pay for" is true when it comes to these complex systems. i've had to come in to many environments where shortcuts were taken and fix them and in the end the customer trying to save costs didnt.

vjose79
Level 4

Thanks Gertjan!

vjose79
Level 4

Thanks! Most likely a third party would be best option it seems.

vjose79
Level 4

Thanks for clarifying Andrew.