cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Class is only "IPM"

Boon_Cheng_Lee
Level 3
All,

Anyone came across when messages are copied from PST to Exchange Inbox, the message type became "IPM" message class?  There's no extension behind. Man Sad

Cheers,
Boon Cheng
7 REPLIES 7

R_Meeker
Level 4
Hi Boon, can you give a little more info.

Are you migrating pst files into archives?

IPM message class would normally mean it is a simple outlook mail item.

Please just run throught the process you are performing.

Rgds

Mr Meeker

Boon_Cheng_Lee
Level 3
Hi Meeker, the process is simple...  I move these messages from my exisitng PST(s) to the destinated folders for archival.  After moving these messages, message class reflected as IPM instead of IPM.Note.

We are not using PST migration utility.  This is a manual process of moving messages from PST(s) to Archival folders...

R_Meeker
Level 4
So, I am presuming you are referencing the 'message class' from the outlook view, fields. Also that on the un imported messages you see Ipm.note, I am also assuming that in the pst folder when you look at the message class, you see ipm.note.

So, the action of moving from pst to inbox/sub folder removes the .note then it is a strange issue.

Sorry, havn't come across this, and to me it looks like an MS call as opposed to EV, maybe someone else has seen it before.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Good note

In Outlook add the message class column so you can see the Original class.

Boon_Cheng_Lee
Level 3
hi jimbo2, that's what I see on the Message Colum in Outlook. it only states "IPM"...  Smiley Sad

well, guess Meeker suggestion might be true... I should consider checking with MS Support..

SDH
Level 2
I'm just curious as to why you aren't using the PST migrator....

Boon_Cheng_Lee
Level 3
hi SDH, that's because user choose to move "required" messages rather than porting over everything...