Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Class

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello,

we use EV for exchange version 11.0.1 ch5

I'm trying to set an IPM.* message class for the leavers.

My question is the following if I excluded the IPM.* for archiving in the default policy but I include IPM.xx will the IPM.xx message class item be archived ?

Concretely I created IPM.* that I think at activating only for the leavers but I want to continue to archive IPM.note for all the active users would it still work ?

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

I think that would work, but why not keep the existing IPM's, and select all in the policy for Leavers?

If this is indeed for leavers, you might also want to set the leavers policy with the following:

Archive everything older than 1 day, Do not create shortcut, deselect the 'update archive location for items moved in mailbox, Delete shortcuts in folders older than 1 day.

You might even want to set (advanced option) archive draft items, and deleted items..

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

I think that would work, but why not keep the existing IPM's, and select all in the policy for Leavers?

If this is indeed for leavers, you might also want to set the leavers policy with the following:

Archive everything older than 1 day, Do not create shortcut, deselect the 'update archive location for items moved in mailbox, Delete shortcuts in folders older than 1 day.

You might even want to set (advanced option) archive draft items, and deleted items..

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello Gertjan,

Thank you for your answer. and thank you for the reminder I added the archive unread items.

Sandrine