cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Message Queues (MSMQ). Deleted disk.

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi.

We are building a Lab. We are using Hyper. This afternoon, will clean some old disk, we delete the MSMQ disk(Ms Cluster) by mistake, we don´t have backup. It possible to recover from this error or do we have to being from scratch? If we have to being again, how do I do that? Can we just delete the evault group or do we need to format this server?

This is not urgent, but we would like to recorver the servers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

I would uninstall EV, drop and delete all the old EV DB's. And reinstall from the ground up. As part of this you would need to remove the parts EV has integrated into your cluster flavour. So pause the cluster and begin to strip it back to prevent failovers.

Any mailboxes with "legacy" EV data could either be blown away and made new, or simply ignore some of the errors they will produce, as it is a lab.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lgarcia
Level 4
Partner Accredited

ola,

No seu caso, eu nao me preocupava com os ficheiros que estavam no MSMQ. ( é provavel que pode perder dados que estavam em tratamentos EV - se voce usa safety copy, o risgo é minimo)

voce tem que configurar MSMQ para trabalhar num espaço do disco ainda presente.

Qual é o windows, 2003 o 2008 o 2008 R2?

Depois da mudança da pasta de trabalho de MSMQ voce tem que arrancar de novo "MSMQ" e "Enterprise vault services".

Luis

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Since this is a lab and not production data all you have to do is reinstall MSMQ and restart the EV services.  MSMQ is generally a transitive storage location and does not hold data.  Additionally it will generally rebuild any data that was "in transit".  There should be minimal data loss.

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It an windows 2008, MSMQ was recreated but now I notice there where more disk delete, since it a lab I had all vault data in one disk, bur this one was deleted too. How can I delete the Vault Server, and keep the cluster?

Delete the vault virtual server.

Delete SQL instance

Or do I need to start again?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

I would uninstall EV, drop and delete all the old EV DB's. And reinstall from the ground up. As part of this you would need to remove the parts EV has integrated into your cluster flavour. So pause the cluster and begin to strip it back to prevent failovers.

Any mailboxes with "legacy" EV data could either be blown away and made new, or simply ignore some of the errors they will produce, as it is a lab.