cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate EV File System Archiver stubs and content to new server?

MattMarsh
Level 2

Hi

We are using Symantec File System Archiver (Enterprise Vault) on a Windows server.  We would like to migrate all of the stubs from server A to server B.

Is there any documentation around that we can follow?  

We also need to determine if all of the files on server A are stubs or a mixture of physical files and some stubs - can this be done?

Would we need to rehydrate all files then copy the physical files and then archive once at the destination?

I assume we would need to install the FSA agent/client on the destination server also?

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi matt, the Utilities.pdf document that comes with EV covers how to use FSAUtility to migrate stubs (aka placeholders.) it can detect if the files in a folder are a mixture of stubs and non-archived files like you're asking.

MattMarsh
Level 2

Hi Andrew  

I believe we have FSA 10.3 but only have the utilities.pdf file for FSA v11 as we are soon going to be upgrading to it.  Can I assume that the document will still cover the same features and options to migrate or would it be best leaving our migration until FSA has been upgraded to v11?

Thanks again

MattMarsh
Level 2

Hi Andrew

Off the top of your head do youknow what utilities I need to read up on in order to report on placeholders and non-archived files, and which utiliy will move them?  I get a feeling that the document covers everything whereby I probably only need to run a couple of tools?

Thanks again

MattMarsh
Level 2

Actually it's FSAUtiliy - I'll do some more digging around on the web 

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

10.0.3 Documentation Guide (including Utilities)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6040