cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from GFI MailArchiver 5

simc-pk
Level 3

We are currently evaluating the possibility of migrating old archive stores from GFI MailArchiver 5 to Symantec Enterprise Vault.  As far as I can tell, it's not going to be a simple process, but we're determined to make it work.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Is it feasible at all for 30 users?

The best route would probably be to export all e-mails a user received (To:, CC;, and BCC:) to a PST and then import them into Enterprise Vault from there.  That way the permissions would be correct.  We'd likely see duplicates if they were archived and still exist in the user's current mailbox, but that we can live with.  I haven't figured out if it's possible to export from GFI to anything but individual .eml files, so if anyone has experience, please speak up.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It shouldn't be a big problem to construct a PST File from the *.eml files, I think.

(If it's possible to export to *.eml with GFI)

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jmachacek
Not applicable

simc-pk - what was your success with this?  We are in the early stages of evaluating this as a possibility for a customer that is on GFI now...

simc-pk
Level 3

I wish I had more to report.  Although we do plan on doing this in the future, it's probably at least 6 months away if not longer, so I haven't done any testing.  If you do end up doing this procedure before I do, I'd appreciate any input that you have.

Good luck!

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It shouldn't be a big problem to construct a PST File from the *.eml files, I think.

(If it's possible to export to *.eml with GFI)

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.