cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Exchange mailboxes to O365 - what to do with existing Archives

Ameen
Level 6

One of my client is into migration of all on premise Exchange mailbox migration to MS cloud. The client is looking for a solution where the user should be able to access the existing archive even after migrating to O365. Is there any known solution for the same? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you can upgrade to EV11 and leverage the IMAP feature for access to their archive. that's what i would look into first. it's really slick.

however, if they no longer wish to maintain the on-premise solution:

For Mailbox Archives you can migrate directly from EV to O365. it will require 3rd party migration tools and migration expertise is recommended to ensure a successful outcome. we offer a service for this if you want more information.

For Journal Archives, you'll need to keep them in EV or go to EV.cloud

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you can upgrade to EV11 and leverage the IMAP feature for access to their archive. that's what i would look into first. it's really slick.

however, if they no longer wish to maintain the on-premise solution:

For Mailbox Archives you can migrate directly from EV to O365. it will require 3rd party migration tools and migration expertise is recommended to ensure a successful outcome. we offer a service for this if you want more information.

For Journal Archives, you'll need to keep them in EV or go to EV.cloud

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

As AndrewB says there are quite a few third party products that can move the archived data from EV to Office 365 (either to the primary mailbox or personal archive).

That, to me, would seem like the way to go.

Working for cloudficient.com