cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating a v11 EV Cluster to a single server

Chris_Bamforth
Level 4

Hi

I'm taking on a migration of an Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 server which is currently based on a Microsoft cluster and it will be migrated to a new single VM.

I've successfully used the ServerMigrationWizard before to migrate to new servers when we went from v9 to v10 on 64-bit hardware and I've read various articles and posts around migrating v10 servers.

What I am unable to determine is whether or not the current migration wizard supports v11?    I've also read TECH141481 being the v9 manual way of doing the move, but again not entirely sure that this will still be valid.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would think EV Server Migrator works with EV 11.  If it doesn't you could follow the steps in the Admin Guide and do a Data-only recovery onto your new EV11 server that you configure.  

The TN is here: 

Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups

Article:HOWTO108303  |  Created: 2015-01-09  |  Updated: 2015-01-09  |  Article URL

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would think EV Server Migrator works with EV 11.  If it doesn't you could follow the steps in the Admin Guide and do a Data-only recovery onto your new EV11 server that you configure.  

The TN is here: 

Recovering Enterprise Vault using data-only backups

Article:HOWTO108303  |  Created: 2015-01-09  |  Updated: 2015-01-09  |  Article URL

Chris_Bamforth
Level 4

Thanks Tony, the recovery method might be out for us.  We use replicated Centeras for our data storage and backup and the databases are all located elsewhere.  I suppose I could manipulate the procedure and pull out the applicable bits. 

I think I'll try the migration wizard and see how we go, I'd hope we'd have a better chance as we've not implemented any of the v11 features yet.

It was a long shot but I was hoping that someone might have done some kind of server migration on v11 already.

Chris_Bamforth
Level 4

As an update to this, the migration wizard annoyingly does the export without a hitch from v11.  When you try and run the import it fails with an error saying only supported up to v10.  So the guides that quote 'Higher than v9' aren't accurate just now.

I've manually cobbled together the new server and all seems to be working. 

I unfortunately inherited this system and it started out back in the KVS days so I know have pages and pages of registry values that I simply don't know if I need.  I guess I'll work with it for a few days and see if something isn't working.  No point bringing padding across if it isn't needed I suppose.