cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating archived email from Barracuda Message Archiver to EVault

ars
Level 3

Hey Guys:

I am trying to find a way for Enterprise Vault to suck in a PST file that I exported from a Barracuda Message Archiver.  The PST file will have emails from multiple To: addresses.  As far as I can see, the server side PST migration tool just uses permissions set on the PST file to assign the archive.

Ideally, I would just want to point to the PST file and off it goes, putting the individual emails into their respective archives.  Please let me know if this is doable or if I am looking at exporting the emails with the same To: fields.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Currently I am not aware of any third-party tools to migrate from Barracuda.  One thing that might help, are you able to create a PST per user from Barracuda?  If yes, then you could import those PST's to the appropriate archive.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

Sorry mate, you are not going to find a tool that will be able to this AFAIK.  We are able to do filtering and such with Archive Shuttle but you really need a programatic way to copy the contents of the journal data to respective archives which to my knowledge doesn't exist.

ars
Level 3

Thanks Tony.

If I take a step back and say what is the best way to go from Barracuda to EVault, would that be a builtin tool from Symantec or a third party tool?

Thanks

TonySterling

Currently I am not aware of any third-party tools to migrate from Barracuda.  One thing that might help, are you able to create a PST per user from Barracuda?  If yes, then you could import those PST's to the appropriate archive.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The only way is to do a "pre user" export from Barracuda into separate PSTs for each user.  You can then import into separate archives in EV.  The only possisble tool to extract separately is from Globanet, but I dont' believe it supports Barracuda.

ars
Level 3

Thanks Guys.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware version for the Barracuds and now see that I can export as I wanted to.  But, when I import the PST file in to EVault, the import fails and Event Viewer shows me the following:

Starting reconciliation for the store C:\PST\************.pst for the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.

This PST was never opened by any Outlook,  It was just created, then I ran the import tool.

Thanks.

Hi ars,

Did you ever get to a sound solution to migrate from Barracuda Message Archiver to Symantec Enterprise Vault?

Did you get the PST export-import process working?

And did you come across a solution that scales better? Our experience is that PST exports of average size mailboxes take several days. We did successfully run 2 exports in parallel. At an average through-put in the region of 1 mailbox per day we cannot process 2000 mailboxes. Would be 6 years of work.   

Thanks for your advice