cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating closed Enterprise Vaults from NTFS to CIFS share using Robocopy ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi people,

Can anyone here please share the Robocopy script to copy all EV VaultStore safely which can be run for the second time to finish off with the differences ?

what I have now is 17 NTFS Windows disk with each 1 TB that I'd like to copy to CIFS share (EMC Data Domain) overnight.

Please let me know as well what do I need to do to ensure that the file can be copied during the weekdays (copy any files that can be copied over while skipping the ones that is currently locked) and then I execute another Robocopy script to finish off with the differences over the weekend ?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you could try procmon and see what has open calls to those files. maybe other components of EV, DA, Clearwell, anti virus, backups, etc?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

John_Santana
Level 6

Here's the Robocopy script that I created for my EV 9 Windows Server 2003 host:

robocopy.exe S: "\\TARGET-NFS01\CIFS_SHARE\Vault1_Pt1" *.* /xd "S:\System Volume Information" /xd W:\RECYCLER\ /e /zb /copy:DTS /r:0 /w:0 /fp /nfl /ndl /np /tee /log:"C:\Temp\robocopyVault1_Pt1.log"

Do I miss anything with the Robocopy script above ?

Because I get millions lines of Error 5 - access denied when running it against my 16 closed VaultStore partition ?

I thought that the Closed VaultStore is not in used by EV anymore or not being added into the VaultStore.

John_Santana
Level 6

just now I have turned off all EV services, but still the error persists ?

any idea as to how to safely migrate the NTFS disk to CIFS share please ?

AndrewB

you could try procmon and see what has open calls to those files. maybe other components of EV, DA, Clearwell, anti virus, backups, etc?

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, thanks Andrew.

I have re-executed again the script and it works fine, perhaps it was due to the Collection schedule taking place... ?

AndrewB

yep anything that would have a lock on the files. glad that did the trick!

John_Santana
Level 6

Sure no worries mate !