Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from old EV to New Ev

johnyev
Level 3

Hi,

There are some users are in old EVault.

How can i get the old EV details from outlook 2010

I need to export the mailbox folder to PSTs for migration to new vault!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You can trace it through outlook as long as that user is enabled on the old ev server of course.

In outlook hold Control and Shift and then left click on one of the EV buttons (Enterprise Vault tab). On the EV diagnostics click on EV information at the bottom left. this whould tell you all about your EV info, versions etc...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Is your old ev still active and how old ev is old ev i.e. what version? and how many users are you talkin about?

There are several ways depending on the amount of data. in short if you have manageable data then use PST export from your old EV and PST import into your new EV. you can use EV built-in feature Move Archives, depending on the version of your old ev and new ev.

If you have lots of data then I would suggest using third party software such as Transvault, but this will at a high cost.

johnyev
Level 3

yes its active!!!

But how can i get the details..Is there any way i can trace the EV details??

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

on your old ev..open the EV admin console and right-click on the Enterprise vault at the top left, choose properties/about EV (or something like that) and it will tell you what version you are using.

On your old ev server logon as vault service account and open http://evservername.domain.local/enterprisevault/usage.asp it will tell you the user and data details.

johnyev
Level 3

i dont know the old EV!!

i need to trace it through outlook , is that possible??

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You can trace it through outlook as long as that user is enabled on the old ev server of course.

In outlook hold Control and Shift and then left click on one of the EV buttons (Enterprise Vault tab). On the EV diagnostics click on EV information at the bottom left. this whould tell you all about your EV info, versions etc...

johnyev
Level 3

There is no EV Tab!!

How do i do that??

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

if there's no EV tab the you are not enabled for EV or/and the EV client is not installed.

johnyev
Level 3

k thanks!!