cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating journaled data from Evault

ph1llies05
Level 4

Good morning All,

Does anyone have any experience or had to assist with migrating evault journaled data to another solution or application (Any application).  I asked a question pertaining to this a few months back and received some good information about using a third-party tool to perform this type of migration.  I'm just wondering has anyone successfully accomplished this task.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i've personally migrated archived data (from other systems to EV and from EV to EV) more times than i can keep track of. it is essential to use a 3rd party tool in order to recreate the journal envelopes and preserve the integrity of the data.

on that note, i'd like to point out that archive migrations are not a trivial undertaking – they are highly complex and require the knowledge and experience of a partner to see it through to successful completion.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ph1llies05
Level 4

Thanks for the response Andrew,

That's what I'm trying to get some people in my organization to understand and it isn't as simple as exporting the journaled data to a PST.  If you don't mind me asking, what tool have you used to perform this task?  Someone mentioned ArchiveShuttle as being a good solution.

AndrewB

i've personally migrated archived data (from other systems to EV and from EV to EV) more times than i can keep track of. it is essential to use a 3rd party tool in order to recreate the journal envelopes and preserve the integrity of the data.

on that note, i'd like to point out that archive migrations are not a trivial undertaking – they are highly complex and require the knowledge and experience of a partner to see it through to successful completion.

AndrewB

my experience has all been with TransVault

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

ArchiveShuttle is a good product as well.  smiley

It would be worth your time to take a look at your options and go with the product that you feel best fits your needs.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Akaibu Evolve also fits into this space, and works well.