cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating of EV mailboxes Archive using Export and import PST

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Im planning to migrate my mailboxes archives from EV 6.0 to EV 8 using the pst export and EVPM script to import to EV 8 .

how safe to execute using this method as most of the time i do faced some mails failed to import and it is very diffciult to tarck which mail failed from import.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

As long as you have allowed sufficient time for the migrations you should be fine.  Have you considered doing inplace upgrades of the existing EV environment.  V6 > v7 > v7.5 >v8 > v9?  It looks like a lot of steps, but it would probably be faster than trying to export and import all the users' archives in the long run.  Check out the following document:  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH53174

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

As long as you have allowed sufficient time for the migrations you should be fine.  Have you considered doing inplace upgrades of the existing EV environment.  V6 > v7 > v7.5 >v8 > v9?  It looks like a lot of steps, but it would probably be faster than trying to export and import all the users' archives in the long run.  Check out the following document:  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH53174

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with maxwits about upgrading.  Even if your end goal is to move EV to new hardware you could do the upgrade of existing and then do a data only recovery to the new server.

It will save you LOADS of time.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

As an FYI, as one of the earlier service packs (SP 3, I think) Enterprise Vault 8 is now :-

a) much better at proceeding past a "bad" item in a PST file

b) Logs a "proper" message in the event log, allowing you (as an administrator) to easily find the problem item.

Working for cloudficient.com

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

You could also look into some of the migration tools that are available, like TransVault and Procedo?

I have used TransVault a few times and I find it is very good and reliable.