cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating the vaulted mails back to the original mailbox

Shaice
Level 3

We are in the process of decomissiong our vault server. Inorder to do that we need to unstub the mailbox back to the original mailbox .

Please guide me to the best option to achive the goal.

Thanks

Mikey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Use the vault admin console, right click Archives and go to Export Archive and you can choose to export to the mailbox
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Use the vault admin console, right click Archives and go to Export Archive and you can choose to export to the mailbox
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Shaice
Level 3

Does it remove the shortcuts as well?

Which is better to delete or disable the user from the vault after it is exported?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Yes it can/will. I would disable them.. And uninstall the Outlook Addin. Then when you are all done you can deinstall.
Working for cloudficient.com

Shaice
Level 3

I'm facing some issue while unstubbing ..

1. When we restart the faield unstubbing it is duplicating the mails

2. Some of the users are complaing that their old deleted mails are restored after unstubbing

What could be the issue and how can I come out of it

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Shaice

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

With regards to 1/ ....  Failed unstubbing? You mean the export back to the original mailbox has failed for some users?  The only way to prevent those type of duplicates is to tick the box saying to 'delete from archive' during the export process.

With regards to 2/ ...  If your original policies did not allow users to delete from archives, and simply allowed users to delete the shortcut.. then restoring all the items back to the mailbox will do just that.  It will restore the items back from the archive, to the original mailbox.  So yes, it might lead to the end-user thinking that 'old' mails are coming back.

>> By the way I'd be tempted to suggest creating a new forum thread to discuss the isuses here, as they're out of scope of the original question.

Shaice
Level 3

Thanks for the update but were do we get the option to ''delete from archive'  we are not seeing this option

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's at the bottom of the export archive window:

Screen Shot 2013-04-29 at 21.14.35.png

Shaice
Level 3

Thanks . I was using the 1st option .Export all items to the original mailbox .This is use ful.

Thanks for the help agian

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome.