Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Autonomy

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

I have a client who is currently using Autonomy and wishes to migrate to EV. The size of the Archived data used by Zantaz is about 2TB, but when this is migrated into EV will require 2TB of space to host this data?

I'm not sure if Zantaz uses compression and\or SIS that is the same\better\worse than that achieveable by EV. Assuming my client is using NTFS volumes for the archives and will be sharing across the vault store group is there a rule of thumb to calculate the additional space when migrating specfically from Autonomy?

many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Zantaz does offer compression and single instance so I would plan for at least the two TB in EV.  Since the migration will take some time you should get a good idea about half way through the project of where you stand.

Also, have you don't storage projections for future EV growth?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Zantaz does offer compression and single instance so I would plan for at least the two TB in EV.  Since the migration will take some time you should get a good idea about half way through the project of where you stand.

Also, have you don't storage projections for future EV growth?

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Thanks Tony

Yes-  I've included backlog and growth projections and got some good metrics on mailbox sizes and number of items. It was just the  migration space I was uncertain of.

thanks