cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrationtool for migrate EV 11.0x to EV12.0 (new EV server), need DBupgrate after ?

laguns97
Level 4

Hi !

This week-end we would like migrate our EV 11.0 environment to a new EV 12.0 server.  We will use the migrationtool for create the package.  Next, export this to the new EV 12.0 server (copy data etc...)  After the export with the migrationtool, does we need to do a "Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade" ? or the migrationtool do this during the process ?  In the doc, I can't see nothing about this

Next to this, we will upgrade from 12.0 to 12.1.0 with a "Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade" at the end

For finish, we will upgrade from 12.1.0 to 12.1.1 with a "Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade" at the end.

Thansk for your help !

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Please see this forum entry:

Enterprise-Vault-11-0-1-running-on-2008-R2-migration-to-new-2012

it contains links to relevant information.

Regards. Gertjan

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

The Server Settings Migration Wizard (SSMW) will not perform the database upgrade for you. You will need to run the Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade cmdlet after the SSMW completes its import on the destination system.

Make sure you use the latest version of the SSMW when you do this, as we recently fixed a bug that affected the subsequent database upgrade.

--Chris

Thanks !

I used a old document of migration (april 2016) and this morning I found a new version of the same document where we can read about DB upgrade (sept. 2016)  The old one was not talking about DB upgrade.

Thanks for the latest verion of the tool, we used the old one with the bug !

Thx !