cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing CAB files after collections schedule

EVKydd
Level 4

We recently re-enabled the collections schedule for some old vault store partitions to do some storage group cleanup... We started noticing searches were failing to export items showing error: "Failed to retrieve: An internal failure occured. Internal Error: The system cannot find the file specified '<0x80070002>'.

I will add we had to turn the collections schedule off somewhat abruptly for other reasons... Has anyone come accross this error after stopping a collections schedule?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Once the collection has been created, savesets collected and SQL updated then turning off/stopping the scheduled Collection run would not cause any 'roll-back' it would simply leave things in place as they were at that time.

Even if the files hadnt been collected but SQL updated EV will still look at the primary archive location (pre-collection) for the DVS files then once it doesnt find them it will go looking for the collection file.

I would grab a Dtrace of trying to recall one of these 'problem' files then check on storage for the DVS file/CAB file that is mentioned within the Dtrace to see if it is on disk in the location, or even near the location, you can run a cmd line search for the Collection file name including Subdirectories (will save you a lot of time over manually).

It has been known for Collection files to be created but then placed in an incorrect folder for some reason so well worth a look, not common but has been known.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

How are you "stopping" collections?
If you're setting it to the same time, i.e start at 7pm and finish at 7pm then this would be bad, because the collections process is responsible for cleaning ArchDVS files that can accumulate and waste disk space. The better way would be to set the age of files to collect to be some impossibly large number

That being said, what version of Enterprise Vault are you running?
There is an issue with older versions of EV through to EV10 on Windows 2008 where CAB files can become locked, so when multiple processes attempt to access the same CAB file, one will get an access sharing violation but EV willr eport simply that a file in the CAB file can't be found as opposed to that the CAB was locked

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

EVKydd
Level 4

EVKydd
Level 4

Thanks for the reply JesusWept3,

Good to know about stopping the schedule... what we did was set start/stop the same just like you said.

If I enable the collections schedule again will it pickup where it left off?

EVKydd
Level 4

I verified the CAB files were nowhere to be found on the disk. Is it possible that shutting down the collections schedule abruptly would cause fase postivies to missing CAB files?

Thanks.

Jake

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Once the collection has been created, savesets collected and SQL updated then turning off/stopping the scheduled Collection run would not cause any 'roll-back' it would simply leave things in place as they were at that time.

Even if the files hadnt been collected but SQL updated EV will still look at the primary archive location (pre-collection) for the DVS files then once it doesnt find them it will go looking for the collection file.

I would grab a Dtrace of trying to recall one of these 'problem' files then check on storage for the DVS file/CAB file that is mentioned within the Dtrace to see if it is on disk in the location, or even near the location, you can run a cmd line search for the Collection file name including Subdirectories (will save you a lot of time over manually).

It has been known for Collection files to be created but then placed in an incorrect folder for some reason so well worth a look, not common but has been known.