Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing EV add-in

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Experts,

Yesterday, we want to test out push the agent through manage engine, we tested 3 user and 1 of the user have this issue, some of EV add-in button is missing.

what i have done is,

i already use the resetEVclient.exe , i already uninstall and reinstall the EV add-in , and i aready restart a few time.

this is yesterday log for that machine.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you sure all the users you tested have the same desktop policy? double check that the one with the issue is still enabled in EV then try zapping the user and then re-enabling. that's probably the quickest thing to do.

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thank you for your quick respond,

For the policy, we set all user having same policy. and already synchronize the mailbox many times.

to prove, we push to 3 user , 2 of 3 user got all the add-in button. only this machine some of the add-in button is missing.

and i already re-enabling back the mailbox for archive for that user. any other steps ?

AndrewB

try zapping. instructions are in Utilities.pdf that comes with your EV install binaries.

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Forgive me but can you provide me the details about this zapping .

thank you.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

zap details can be found here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/zap-permissions

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35614

check and make sure that all their hidden mesages are the same for all three users.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It is *like* you have got RPC/HTTP restrictions turned on .. but looking at your desktop information, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Create a file called zap.ini. Edit the file in Notepad, paste the this in it, change the details to match your environment, and save in UNICODE format.

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = Vaultserver_that_hosts_directoryservice
Sitename = sitename_from_admin_console

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = /o=organization/ou=mailboxou/cn=Recipients/cn=mailboxcname

[Folder]
Name = Mailboxroot
Zap = True

Run Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM) from \Program Files\Enterprise Vault  (or \Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault) on the EV server logged on as the Vault Service Account (VSA). The syntax for EVPM follows:

EVPM [-e Exchange Server name ] [-m EV service mailbox] [-f c:\path to zap file\zap.ini]

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Since it looks like, even though RPCOverHTTP is enabled, and RPCOVERHTTPRESTRICTIONS = 0 (None), I would see if this follows the user.  If you setup a new profile on another machine (perhaps one of the machines where it worked for another user), do you still see this issue?

Hope this helps.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was this issue eventually resolved?  If so can the original poster please mark one of the posts as the solution.  If more help is needed, please ask.

Working for cloudficient.com