cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Toolbar Button in Outlook 2003

Paul_Daley
Level 5
I've just had a user who's search toolbar button in Outlook 2003 (no SP) has disappeared. Also the EV menu item under Tools has gone. Apart from this archived items are still shown with the correct icon and can be retrieved.

Initially when the user was first enabled, this was working.

I've tried clearing the forms cache (just for good measure) but no joy. The user is also using offline folders.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Daley
Level 5
I found that the EV client DLL had been disabled under Help, about Outlook, disabled items.

I've re-enabled it and the button has come back.

I have also been setting the office DisablePST registry key on machines where I've migrated peoples PST files. Would this interfere with ost usage perhaps?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
are they in Outlook in cached mode?

If using cached mode, use non cached mode see if there is a difference.
If not using cached mode or the above is still a problem
exit Outlook delete the file extend.dat and re-enter Outlook.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Paul,

try

regsrvr32 c:\program files\kvs\evclient\valkyrie.dll

also take a look at "Troubleshooting the no Icon EV Problem" on Glenn's Blog, which is here: http://vaulted.blog.co.uk/main/index.php/vaulted/2005/06/

David
http://messy.bravehost.com/

Paul_Daley
Level 5
I found that the EV client DLL had been disabled under Help, about Outlook, disabled items.

I've re-enabled it and the button has come back.

I have also been setting the office DisablePST registry key on machines where I've migrated peoples PST files. Would this interfere with ost usage perhaps?

David_Messeng1
Level 6
I think the disable PST setting prevents users loading the Personal Folders option in Services on the Tools menu for Outlook 2000 or the hits the registry setting for Outlook 2003 to stop the item appearing on the File menu. I do not believe it will affect.OST as this is loaded by Outlook itself.

You are right though, an .OST is just a glorified .PST...