cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing shortcut icon in Outlook O365 when dragging archived item into new message

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi everyone,

when dragging a shortcut into a new message in Outlook (Office 365) it does not show the shortcut icon as it did with Outlook 2019 and before. Unfortunately I only do have newever builds available than what was lastly tested by Veritas (currently Build 16.0.11328.20468 ) so I cannot confirm if this is a new issue with a later build of O365 or if this is not working in this versions of Outlook in general.

Does some of you have a build equal or older than the version mentioned above and can confirm this?

I'v attached a screenshot showing the difference.

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marcde

Hi,

Veritas technical support confirmed that this is the expected behavior for an O365 Outlook client for now. 

Feature / Enhancement request can be started which we are most probably going to do.

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Marc,

Is the message the same? (i.e. in the new Outlook, is it still a 'shortcutted' message)

If so, could it be that the messageclass is not recognized, and therefor OL reverts it to ipm.note icon?

Regards. Gertjan

Marcde

Hi Gertjan,

yes, the item in O365 is also a shortcut. It also shows as a shortcut in Outlook itself but as soon as you drag and drop it into a new message (as attachment) it does not show the icon.

If the person that receives this message is having Outlook 2019 for example it correctly shows the shortcut icon for the attached message.

Regards

Marc 

www.serviceware.de

Marcde

Hi,

Veritas technical support confirmed that this is the expected behavior for an O365 Outlook client for now. 

Feature / Enhancement request can be started which we are most probably going to do.

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de