cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring multiple sites in one page

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello all,

I have multiple EV-sites (continent-specific) that need to be monitored from 1 central location.
I'm hoping to use monitoring as first quick check. (the 'monitoringwebapp' from Enterprise Vault)

Is it possible to get all sites listed in 1 central monitoring page?

Example:
Site 1 = EuropeVault
Site 2 = USVault
Site 3 = APACVault

I now go to evserver01.europe.domain.com/enterprisevault/monitoringwebapp/default.aspx, evserver01.us.domain.com/enterprisevault/monitoringwebapp/default.aspx or evserver01.apac.domain.com/enterprisevault/monitoringwebapp/default.aspx to get the page for the specific site.

Would it be possible to create a page having these in them? I am not an html guru (or programming for that matter ;) ) , but if anyone has an idea, please share.

Thanks

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

There's bound to be other ways, but if you create a page with four frames then you could have one page in each frame. You should be able to find the code easily enough (or a WYSIWYG editor!) through searching online :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

There's bound to be other ways, but if you create a page with four frames then you could have one page in each frame. You should be able to find the code easily enough (or a WYSIWYG editor!) through searching online :)

BravoZulu
Level 5
I tried this a while back, but not being particularly great at Web based programming or design, I got it to work for me (in a way) so this is not for everyone as certainly not supported;

BACKUP your Default.aspx and Default.aspx.resx files for starting...

NOTE: 
By removing the asp:repeater tags the ASP is unable to load a list of sites from XML, you're setting them statically.  Unfortunately, this means each HREF will open in a new window, but at least they're in one place ;)

1.  In order to edit the title of the "Sites" side menu, go to C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\monitoringwebapp\App_LocalResources\Default.aspx.resx and open the file.

If using notepad, turn off Word Wrap and go to line 139 and edit the entry, then save the file;

<data name="sitesSmartPanelResource1.PanelTitle" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>GertJans Global Sites</value>
  </data>

2.  Open "C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\monitoringwebapp\Default.aspx" in notepad.  Comment out the following lines (with ASP comment tags);

<%-- <asp:repeater id="sitesRepeater" runat="server" onitemcreated="sitesRepeater_ItemCreated"> --%>

<%-- <itemtemplate><li><a id="siteLink" style="text-decoration:none" href="url" target="target" runat="server">Site
Link</a></li></itemtemplate> --%>

<%-- </asp:repeater> --%>

3.  In-between the <asp:repeater> tags (which you commented out above), add indiviual entries to the "Sites" side menu as follows;

<itemtemplate><li><a style="text-decoration:none" href=http://servername1/monitoringwebapp/ target="target" runat="server">Site
Link1</a></li></itemtemplate>

<itemtemplate><li><a style="text-decoration:none" href=http://servername2/monitoringwebapp/ target="target" runat="server">Site
Link2</a></li></itemtemplate>

Try it in the lab first :)  As I said, unsupported, not recommended and not for everyone...

BZ