cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Archive Item Reason: No access to the vaultstore, archive, or item. Error code: 0xc0041801. Error message: Access denied

vtosin
Level 3

Guys,

Everytime I try to move an archive within vaults I see the errir. If I move the user from one server tt other server in the same site it works fine. I have spend days now figuring this with no luck. upon running Dtrace I see the below message

00> EV-H {MoveArchiveItem.HandleException} Item with transaction id 0160E7608161741C9AAE3A4B84B8AD11 could not be inserted. This error is in the list of transient error list. Enterprise Vault will exit for now and will retry later. Error: Access denied     . Error code: 0xc0041801. Non fatal error.

Please help on this guys. I am on EV version 8.0 SP5

Thanks
Tosin

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Does your source sites evadmin account have the proper permissions in the destination site? I dot mean to sound redundant but it sounds like a permissions issue
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

CFreeX
Level 4

Sorry, I'm unclear with your question. Are saying you are moving an archive within same site between VStores reside in the same EV server? 

"Everytime I try to move an archive within vaults I see the errir. If I move the user from one server tt other server in the same site it works fine"

vtosin
Level 3

Yeah Sorry for the misstypo.

You are right everytime between vstores the error comes else it works fine if I move them between servers - same site.

I checked the permissions and I dont see an issue there.These all are disabled users.

Thanks
Tosin

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am typoProne as well so I get your issue. I am still not super clear on what you are saying.

Let's back up. I can tell from your excerpt you are atttempting to perform a move archive. JW2 is correct in saying that the error code sounds like a access denied. In fact it is an EV Error code stating that there is an access denied to storage.

So ... it seems that the reason you are getting this error is something along the lines of what JW suggested.

that said ... if he is correct then please mark him as the solution and post an update so people do not keep coming in here and trying to help on something that is resolved.

Many thanks.