cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Archive Step 4 of 5 - Waiting for Destination Backup

EVGarrison
Level 5

Hi there,

Im in the early stages of testing our Archive migration and im hitting a snag.

We are moving from 9.0.4 to 10.0.1 all good so far, im moving one Archive from one server to the next, it got through the first 4 steps fine but now its stopped for the past 12 hours on "Step 4 of 5 - Waiting for Destination Backup".

We are using Arcserve to backup, this did run last night, finished early hours of this morning, the Vault Store in regards to Backups is set to "Use the archive attribute"

Ive manually run the Mailbox Archive task on the target server and its not making any difference. - by the way the Archive was moved yesterday.

I must be missing something....

Thanks for any advice on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Waiting for Destination Backup literally means that the vault store partition on the destination needs to be backed up and secure before the move archive can progress and close the source archive.

Does Arcserve has the feature to reset the file archive attibute? I haven't touch Arcserve for a while :-). You couls try and switch to user IgoreArchiveBitTrigger to see if it's any better.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35610

Your issue was more likely to be the backup/software related.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Waiting for Destination Backup literally means that the vault store partition on the destination needs to be backed up and secure before the move archive can progress and close the source archive.

Does Arcserve has the feature to reset the file archive attibute? I haven't touch Arcserve for a while :-). You couls try and switch to user IgoreArchiveBitTrigger to see if it's any better.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35610

Your issue was more likely to be the backup/software related.