cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Archives in bulk

Shashank17
Level 3

I am in process of moving archives from one vault store to another however I would like to know if there is any way to carry out process in bulk i.e more than 100 archives.

Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 CHF4

Let me know if any other details are required.

Regards,

Shashank

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello, I believe in the Move Archives functionality, you can select multiple archives to be moved in one go. It will however take some time to perform this.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi GertjanA,

Thanks for replying. Do you suggest that we should type in the archive name in GUI and then move it to another vault store?

However I am looking for some automation whereby I could provide details like ArchiveName,Source VS and Destination VS in csv format to move them using script.

Can you please suggest

TechMerc
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Shashank,

That functionality doesn't exist in the Move Archive tool, unfortunately.  You'd have to look at 3rd Party tools for something like that.

Globanet Migrate would be something to look into, as well as Vault Solutions and TransVault.  I'm sure at least one of those would allow for scripting.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

ah.. If you're moving specific archives, then using Move Archive can be tedious, due to the need to select each archive to be moved. If you know your way around SQL, you might want to use some SQL to update the ArchiveName of the archive to be moved to something like "Move Me - original name"

You could then select archives with Move Me* (or sort on the name or something), then select them all.

Regards. Gertjan

TechMerc
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

I would avoid going into SQL to make changes.  Not only does it risk making EV non-supportable and possibly breaking references in the Directory DB, but it's not as simple as just adding something to archive names.  You *really* need to know what you're doing if you're going to get into the guts of EV like that.

I agree, mucking around is SQL is very dangerous.  If you are moving all the archives (or most) in a vault store you can sort/select by vault store name and select all the archives, deselecting those not desired to move.