cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move EV Vault Store

bschkltd
Level 4
Dear all,

We are now looking for the solution to move our Vault store (From SAN) to a new storage device (NAS or ISCSI) as the original storage device is nearly full.

We will use the same EV server but only want to move the archived emails.

Due to my lack of knowledge on EV , I had search the knowledge base and forum but still can't sure which doc is suitable for our situation.

We are using Enterprise Vault 2007 (v7.5) and installed on a Windows 2003 server. Sorry about that I don't know how to find which SP that we had applied.

And due to the 2TB limitation in Windows 2003, we are planning to divided 5 partition (2TB each) on our new storage device. 

So how can we switch to other partition when the existing one was nearly full in future?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
To move partitions to new locations follow this guide:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273271.htm

To trigger an automatic roll over of a partition will require an upgrade to version 8 as version 7.5 cannot do this in any service pack

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
To move partitions to new locations follow this guide:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273271.htm

To trigger an automatic roll over of a partition will require an upgrade to version 8 as version 7.5 cannot do this in any service pack

Jechar
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I use this guide last week and that work fine !

JC

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There is no 2tb limitation. You have to use GPT disk layout indtead of MBR, and you will be able to overcome the 2TB limit Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner
There is another solution. 

Close the current Vault Store partition (everyone will still be able to access their data from the closed partition, but newly archived items will be stored in the new partition).   Open a NEW partition for the same vault store and point it to the new storage area either on (NAS or ISCSI).

This would be the easiest solution.

Judy Glazier

bschkltd
Level 4
Thanks all.

I still study all your suggestion and try to complete our task.

Thanks againsmiley