Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Enterprise Vault to New Domain

gsingh1
Level 3

Dear All,

Following is my Environment

I have Ev 11.1 Which is  configured for cross forest archiving. Ev is in c Domain. I have Exchange 2007 in A and B domain respectively.

Enterprise vault server is in cluster.

From Manegement new domain requirement has come , that means we will have D domain. Utlimately all our Applications and servers will be in D.com

We are not creating any shortcuts currently, its just archiving the data

Also Our exchange servers have been upgraded to 2013 Cu 18, which I have also intregrated with Enterprise Vault.

Now I just want to confirm my aproach related with the Migration.

Approach 1.

1. Break the existing cluster , make it stand alone

2. Upgrade to Ev 12.1

3. Follow the domain rename process

4. Configure the cluster again

Approach 2.

Install new Ev in cluster mode in new domain

Use Miration wizard to move the Enterprise Vault configuration

I am not sure Approach 2 will work in cross domain or not. I have tried within same domain and it works fine,

Please confirm and  let me know the best approach

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello

I don't think 2 will work, as moving domain requires several steps in regards to accounts etc. You might be best off calling support and asking them.

I've done the domain rename twice, following the document, no issues encountered. That was however with single EV server, no cluster.

following this document (added to be sure) https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038101.html

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

Titoine31

Hello,

I'm not agree with your approach, I think that the best thing it to make upgrade in first step, and you did'nt need to be in stand alone, I did it many time without problem (just don't use Veritas Migration Tools, make your upgrade manually for a cluster). Like this when your Enterprise Vault will be in 12.2 you can use Veritas Support if you have any problem for change of domain, if you stay in version 11 Veritas Support will ask you to upgrade before give you any help.
In a second step you can use the procedure send by Gertjan ;)

And forget your Approach 2 ... that will be the beginning of your problems if not ;)

Regards,

Antoine

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA

Hello

I don't think 2 will work, as moving domain requires several steps in regards to accounts etc. You might be best off calling support and asking them.

I've done the domain rename twice, following the document, no issues encountered. That was however with single EV server, no cluster.

following this document (added to be sure) https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038101.html

Regards. Gertjan

Titoine31

Hello,

I'm not agree with your approach, I think that the best thing it to make upgrade in first step, and you did'nt need to be in stand alone, I did it many time without problem (just don't use Veritas Migration Tools, make your upgrade manually for a cluster). Like this when your Enterprise Vault will be in 12.2 you can use Veritas Support if you have any problem for change of domain, if you stay in version 11 Veritas Support will ask you to upgrade before give you any help.
In a second step you can use the procedure send by Gertjan ;)

And forget your Approach 2 ... that will be the beginning of your problems if not ;)

Regards,

Antoine

Yes I know there is no support for Ev 11.1 . I am anyways upgrading Ev to version 12.2 and then domain rename will be in picture

But my concern is about Ev domain name Change in cluster mode

I have also done with standalone , not with cluster . I am still yeto finalize the approach

I was also refering to same article , but not sure how it will proceed in cluster mode

Hi Gertjan,

I am referring to your link https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038101.html  The link seems to be broken. ANy chance you can attach the PDF to this forum please. Thank you

GertjanA