cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move indexes from one drive to another on the same server.

Praveen_DCosta
Level 4

Hi,

I know there are many articles published for this topic. Just needed to check on one query that i have regarding this activity.

Do we really need to run this last command and what will it actually do in the background.

If i dont run this command is there any issue that will occur or will my index locations still be updated correctly and will users face any issues? 

-- Inform EV that it needs to update the paths of the volumes on service startup 

UPDATE IndexingServiceEntry
SET IVSyncNeeded = 2
WHERE ServiceEntryId = (SELECT IndexServiceEntryId FROM IndexRootPathEntry WHERE IndexRootPathEntryId = @IndexRootPathEntryId)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you are EV 10 or higher, yes, you need to run that last step.  If you do not I believe you will see some errors in the Event log.  Even if there are not events generated, the last step is required.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you are EV 10 or higher, yes, you need to run that last step.  If you do not I believe you will see some errors in the Event log.  Even if there are not events generated, the last step is required.

BigPhil
Level 5

For EV 10, you have the correct article and need to follow it exactly. https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO59084.html

I'm not sure what version of EV you have, but if on EV 11 you could use the "Change location" option in the Manage Indexes wizard too.