Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving EV from VCS to Microsoft Cluster

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

My customer is planning to say goodbye to the Veritas Cluster and we need to move the EV platform to a Microsoft Cluster.

I migrated EV from VCS to other VCS before, but never between VCS to Microsoft.

Any thoughts regarding this change? something to take care while migrating? stuff like RegRep folder in VCS vs. Quorum.

Anyone did this kind of change before and can shed some light on the subject?

Thanks,

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey Sarah,

Did you sort this?  Pretty sure you could do a EV Server Settings Migration Wizard to a new server and then run the the Convert to Cluster process.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'd be curious to know why they would do such a downgrade

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

too many issues, basically - cluster cannot recognize failover due to storage limitation.

And if the failover mechanism is not working, they free no point in paying for VCS where Microsoft is free.

Sarah

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey Sarah,

Did you sort this?  Pretty sure you could do a EV Server Settings Migration Wizard to a new server and then run the the Convert to Cluster process.

Cheers,

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Tony,

There are many things that we are facing now...like dismounting the disk that was managed by VEA and mounting it to a windows server disk management - fails. (http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/migrating-veritas-storage-foundation-volume-windows-disk)

we are still in the lab testing all aspects so that the production move will be fast with no issues.

Sarah