cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Exchange Archived Mailbox's

mhasanein
Level 2

Dear all, I’m in the process of moving our archived mailboxes from directly attached SCSI Drive to IP Storage ISCSI drive, the accounts are moving with no problem but after I get the complete message I find two accounts for the same mailbox but one Available and the other is closed (The Old One).

my question is will the old mailbox (the closed ) will be removed automatically or I have to do any further operations to finish the process and have just one account for the archived mailbox.

the attached print screen will give u an idea what I’m talking about:

vault.PNG

Many thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

When you use the move archive wizard, when you delete the entry from the 'move archive status' screen, you will get a pop-up asking if you want to delete the old (source) archive.

If you choose yes, and provided your settings (on site, retention categories etc) allow this, the source archive will be removed eventually.

why eventually? If you have a large archive, it can take a while.

Read up on the deleting of archives first. Deleting lots of archives places a load on the EV-server, the indexes, the storage and SQL.

You might be better of to finish the move, and when all are moved, then start deleting archives. Start with a few small ones, to be able to monitor what happens, then do about 30 to 50 at one go.

Make sure to NOT do this during your archive run (to prevent an overload of EV, and possibly lower archiving rate). Or, if you have sufficient storage, take your time, do a few a day.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

When you use the move archive wizard, when you delete the entry from the 'move archive status' screen, you will get a pop-up asking if you want to delete the old (source) archive.

If you choose yes, and provided your settings (on site, retention categories etc) allow this, the source archive will be removed eventually.

why eventually? If you have a large archive, it can take a while.

Read up on the deleting of archives first. Deleting lots of archives places a load on the EV-server, the indexes, the storage and SQL.

You might be better of to finish the move, and when all are moved, then start deleting archives. Start with a few small ones, to be able to monitor what happens, then do about 30 to 50 at one go.

Make sure to NOT do this during your archive run (to prevent an overload of EV, and possibly lower archiving rate). Or, if you have sufficient storage, take your time, do a few a day.

Regards. Gertjan