cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving FSA SQL

Richard_Hart
Level 3

Hi I have a bit of an odd situation with FSA.

I have a SQL server that is Win 2003 x64 SQL2005 and we are going to migrate to a new server with Windows 2008 SQL2008.

The odd bit is that we have an issue with .NET, as a result we can not run the SQL server manager. We have also had an issue when upgrading EV Report on the server from 8.0.3 to 9.0.3, so as a result the rest of the environment it at 9.0.3 except reporter that is 8.0.3.

Now my boss want to move to the new server ASAP and does not want me to look at fixing the .NET issue. So I am OK with moving the database, I have the procedure (TECH35744) and that looks OK but it does not say anything about Enterprise Reporter. Now once the database is moved should I install EV Report 8.0.3 on the server then upgrade to 9.0.3. Or can I just install 9.0.3?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you want to keep the old databases then you'll want to run the upgrade. otherwise, you can install a new instance of SSRS and then install the EV reports.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you want to keep the old databases then you'll want to run the upgrade. otherwise, you can install a new instance of SSRS and then install the EV reports.