cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving FSA data by Volume Replication

Level 1

Hi all, 

I'm trying to move data from one EV FSA server to another using Volume Replication as a test concept, and am experiencing the following error on the destination server...

***Information***-This volume was ignored on this run of the task. It may be processed on the next run.

The process I've followed so far is..

• Install FSA agent (10.0.3) on a test server
  • Create Volume, Tasks, Policies etc
  • Archive data (no problem)
  • Check Archive Points using 'archivepoints Find \\servername\share' (it does)
  • Test the data is accessible and will re-archive (it is and it does)
  • Use Volume Replication (Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2) to copy the volume
  • Install Agent (10.0.3) on destination server, but not volume, task policy etc, as it does not exist.
  • Import the volume (using Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2), this completes successfully.
  • Check the Archive Points a there using 'archivepoints Find \\servername\share' (it does)
  • Open up an archived file on the destination server - this works.
  • Work through http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144810 with a SQL DBA
  • Create the volume, task, policy etc and start a Run Now in Normal Mode to begin archiving.
  • This fails with the error above in bold in the ArchiveNow report log

I should note that the source server is still active within the EV console.

The destination server has all the correct Vault Store account permissions, as it's currently archiving other data on a different volume.

I'm keen to pursue this method, as Placeholder Migration and Robocopying will take an unacceptably long time to complete. 

I've deleted the relevant entries from the FSATaskCheckPoint folder - made no difference.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

did you make any progress on this one?