Did you mean: 

Moving Local Domino .nsf mail archive into EV

JackedUp
Level 4
Hello,

EV 8 SP3 on W2k8 x64
SQL 2005 x64 on w2k3 x64
Domino 8.5 enviroment

Currently we are just archiving Domino Journaling and look to incorporate mail box archiving later this year. Setting the mailbox provisioning task from the Domino server is the easy part of this project. What I am having trouble wrapping my head around is what to do about local .nsf archives on each users machine? How do I move these local archives into EV and still make searching them seamless to the user? Some of these local archives are over 8gb and the average size is about 4gb. Also they don't have uniform naming or storage location on the users machine, just a general spot where it could be. 

Thanks,

Greg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

have a look at the docs on the NSF migration functionality and see if that meets your needs. You will need to collect the NSF files, but that should give you what you need based on your description

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

have a look at the docs on the NSF migration functionality and see if that meets your needs. You will need to collect the NSF files, but that should give you what you need based on your description

JackedUp
Level 4

Thanks. I saw that utility before. I wish there was some way to not make such a manual process.

Thanks again

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
Unfortunately the functionality is lagging behind a little between Domino and Exchange so there isn't a locator/collector/migrator model for NSF files right now. Once you have collected the files you can use EVPM to script the migration, so it might be worth having a look at that too, though that will still require some manual work for collection and generating the script