cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Network Share to clustered share

EVSpinner
Level 5

Hi everyone, I need to move a closed partition from a network share to a clustered share (2008 r2 Single Copy Cluster)

I've moved partitions before from Direct Attached to a SAN - so changing Drive:\name, for \\unc path\name in all appropriate places (partitions and SQL), but I've never done a cluseterd share before

I'll be using EV 9.0.4

From my research I have found the below which, although not exactly what I was looking for seems to indicate I can set file shares up in Windows Cluster manager?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/setting-highly-available-enterprise-vault-structure...

Basically, am I on the right track?

Is this something that Ev can support?

If I am on the right track, do I simply follow the usual procedure for moving a vault store and use the cluster share name in the appropriate places?

Thanks everyone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So it's a shared disk on a cluster somewhere?

It's accessible via a drive letter, or a UNC path?

Sounds like it word work. It's just a storage location after all, how that comes up through the hardware and software layers doesn't matter so much.

If you're looking for storage redundancy/resilience though you might want to consider our EVnearSync product.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So it's a shared disk on a cluster somewhere?

It's accessible via a drive letter, or a UNC path?

Sounds like it word work. It's just a storage location after all, how that comes up through the hardware and software layers doesn't matter so much.

If you're looking for storage redundancy/resilience though you might want to consider our EVnearSync product.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need any more assistance with this issue?