Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving SQL DB disk

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

I have a question, how do I move EV DB's from one disk to another?
To clarify, my DB are today located on K:\ and i want to move them to L:\ how do i do that?

Anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the Databases you are talking about are SQL then it is easy

First Stop your EV services

On your SQl server detatch the Database

copy the Database and logs to new disk

Next attach the databases again when it prompts you for the files then navigate to the new disk and select the .mdf and .ldf files

then start your Ev services again

oh and as always make a backup before you do anything...just in case you hit the wrong key

OK there is a little more that this involved but if you have any SQl knowledge this is all you need to do this

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

If the Databases you are talking about are SQL then it is easy

First Stop your EV services

On your SQl server detatch the Database

copy the Database and logs to new disk

Next attach the databases again when it prompts you for the files then navigate to the new disk and select the .mdf and .ldf files

then start your Ev services again

oh and as always make a backup before you do anything...just in case you hit the wrong key

OK there is a little more that this involved but if you have any SQl knowledge this is all you need to do this

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

I did expect it to be that easy sins as far as i can figure out, EV does not reffer to SQL other than by SQL server name and DB instanses, and have no refferers to where the actal DB is located on the drive(s).

Thank for help Liam, I'll giv it a go :)

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

I did expect it to be that easy sins as far as i can figure out, EV does not reffer to SQL other than by SQL server name and DB instanses, and have no refferers to where the actal DB is located on the drive(s).

Thank for help Liam, I'll give it a go :)

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Kenneth,

Happy to help. If you run into any issues let me know. If this is works please remember to mark the posting as Solved

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

This worked as intended..

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Any time