cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Shortcuts in Outlook

Albert_Asllani
Level 3
Hello,

some of my EV users are moving shortcuts while the archived email is in pending status. This has the consequence that pending status never changes. In this case I have to set "Pending shortcut timeout" and manually archive this emails.

How can I prohibit users from moving shortcuts? I want to force users to first move the email and then archive it.

We use Enterprise Vault 7.5

regards
Albert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Alebert,

There is no option to "force users" to not move shortcuts.  The only way is to send out a global mail asking people not to do this.  You can also set you PendingTimeOut to something that matches your backup time, so if you backup everyday, set PendingTimeOut to something like 3 days.

--wayne

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Alebert,

There is no option to "force users" to not move shortcuts.  The only way is to send out a global mail asking people not to do this.  You can also set you PendingTimeOut to something that matches your backup time, so if you backup everyday, set PendingTimeOut to something like 3 days.

--wayne

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
In a lab

Perhaps in a lab, you could try EV 8 which should be fine with this (provided your policy has "Moved items" turned on).

Hope that helps,
Working for cloudficient.com

Albert_Asllani
Level 3

thanks for helping Wayne,

I would have to send this global e-mail every day :). And some people still would move shortcuts while they are in pending status.
Prohibit moving shortcuts would be a cool option in the next EV release :)

Albert

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hi Albert,

If you want to possibly see this please raise a Enhancement Request, http://enhancement.symantec.com.

--wayne