cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving archive emails from one inbox to another

Michael_Vi
Level 3
Hi all,
Just would like to know if you can move archive emails that belong to user1 to a share mailbox and allow other users who have access to that mailbox to open the email with attachments.

Presently, we have 2 users accessing a share mailbox but when user1 drag an archive email to the share mailbox user2 will not able to see the attachment.

Is there a workaround for this issue or is it by design?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Also, with Outlook 2002 sp3 you have to use reg keys to enable the scripts for shared folders.

Follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type SharedFolderScript, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. Type 1, and then click OK.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838871#XSLTH3133120123120121120120

You will close and re-open Outlook

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Michael,

a couple of things:-

* Both users will need permissions on the Vault where the item is stored. Whether they both get permissions to each others vault or you set up a shared vault associated with the shared mailbox is up to you.

* either way, if you are using Outlook 2003 you must enable scripts in shared folders to be able to use the shortcuts. This is documented here: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280664.htm

Cheers

David

TonySterling
Also, with Outlook 2002 sp3 you have to use reg keys to enable the scripts for shared folders.

Follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type SharedFolderScript, and then press ENTER.
5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
6. Type 1, and then click OK.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838871#XSLTH3133120123120121120120

You will close and re-open Outlook

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Didn't I just say that?

TonySterling
> * either way, if you are using Outlook 2003 you must
> enable scripts in shared folders to be able to use
> the shortcuts. This is documented here:
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280664.htm
>
> Cheers
>
>
> David

You said OL 2003. I was merely pointing out the reg keys for 2002\xp. Not trying to be repetiive or redundant! :)

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Ah yes. Reading is a skill I need to practice a bit more...

So do we confirm that Outlook XP SP3 has this issue as well then? I seem to remember someone else on the Board having this issue with XP but no one seemed 100% sure...

TonySterling
I have had users w/ OL xp sp3 with this issue and setting the reg key clears it right up. The shared script was added in sp3 for OL 2002\xp, but the gui to check the box is only in OL 2003! NICE!!

Michael_Vi
Level 3
Hi David,

Thanks for the help but I have already given the users permissions to the Vault and also enable the script in OL2k3.

A popup box saying that the user do not have to the vault containing the item.

Strange?

TonySterling
There should be an error message on the Vault server generated when the user gets the pop up. Is the archive in the error message what you expect to see for the name of the archive you assigned permissions?

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Presume you've cleared the Forms Cache?