cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSI Double Take

Vikes_2
Level 6
Hello,
I have seen a couple posts about issues with Double Take and FSA not working well together in regards to placeholders, but the posts were a couple years old.  I know in the compatibility guide Double Take is "PENDING", not sure if that has been updated? So the root of my issue is that Double Take is not copying over the placeholders as it does not appear to be a changed file.  I am not sure if anyone out here uses Double Take in the same way and has a solution?
Thanks!

Travis
2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
File-level replication apps such as DoubleTake can replicate URL shortcuts (as they are simply a URL link to the original item) but cannot replicate placeholders properly as file-level replication will not replicate archive point information. Volume-level replication applications such as VERITAS Volume Replicator will properly replicate archive point information.

Doubletake can replicate reparse points. However they do not see all the transactions that we do. This means the source and target machines can be in a differing state. You should log a call with DT.

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee
As Paul says, DT can replicate the reparse points, but there are certain transactions that FSA will perform on the source that will not get replicated to the target. We are assisting DT in trying to resolve this issue. Please do log your interest with DT. The more customers they hear from, the greater the chance of getting this resolved :)

Darren