cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTFS to Centera Migration

CourShor
Level 3

I have inherited my companies Enterprise Vault Solution from a consultant who left while in the middle of running an NTFS to Centera Migration.  Due to the poor performance of the Server, we have recently upgraded our EV to version 8.0 SP4 running on Windows 2003 WOW64-bit in a virtual environment. Now we are on the new server I wish to restart the migration however I do not know how far the consltant got when running the previous migration (dates of items)and would like to know of any detailed steps on how to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Utilities.pdf has a section of the NTFS to Centera Migrator.  The pdf is in the Documents folder under the Enterprise Vault program directory.

By default, the NTFS to Centera Migrator creates a log file for each job in the Enterprise Vault Reports subfolder (normally C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports).  So you could check there for the logs of the previous runs to see where you are.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Utilities.pdf has a section of the NTFS to Centera Migrator.  The pdf is in the Documents folder under the Enterprise Vault program directory.

By default, the NTFS to Centera Migrator creates a log file for each job in the Enterprise Vault Reports subfolder (normally C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports).  So you could check there for the logs of the previous runs to see where you are.

HTH

CourShor
Level 3

Many thanks for the pointer I will give it a go